How do I apply?
You can apply on our website at silvertreehc.clearcareonline.com/apply. Look for the tab at the top of the home page that says Caregivers. Search under that tab for where to apply. Once we receive your online application, we will review it and determine if you have the experience we seek in a caregiver. If so, you will be contacted and interviewed over the phone. If you meet our qualifications, you will be asked to come into our office for an interview. All interviews are done by appointment only. You will need to have a steady employment history with at least one year of experience working with the elderly.
Do I have to be a CNA?
While most of our caregivers are CNA’s, you are not required to be one. You must have experience as a caregiver and professional references that can verify that experience. We do not consider time spent taking care of family members as a reference.
What do I need to bring to my interview?
You will need to bring your driver’s license, social security card, up-to-date TB test (bring if less than a year old), proof of auto insurance, certificates for CNA’s, first aid training, CPR, etc. We will also need a minimum of two professional and two personal references (no relatives please). We must have current contact information for each.
Does Silver Tree pay for mileage?
We reimburse caregivers for transporting and running errands using the caregiver’s car. We do not reimburse the caregiver if they drive the client’s car. We also do not pay caregivers for mileage to and from work.
Qualities we look for in a caregiver.
• Passionate about helping people live independently in their own homes.
• Possess a positive attitude.
• Exhibit compassion, dedication, and a desire to provide the best care and support possible for their clients.
• Have excellent communications skills and work well with those around them.
• Enjoy a challenge and are flexible in their approach to work.
• Display empathy, understanding, comfort, and reassurance to all those they care for.
• Are fun and enjoyable to work with.
For more caregiver FAQ and more information, please call us at 502.240.6464 between the hours of 8am to 5pm Monday-Friday.