Twelve Tips to Choosing the Best Home Care Agency
Have you recently begun seeing signs of your aging parent needing more assistance at home? Here are some questions to help you start the process so you can choose the Best home care agency.
1. What are the qualifications and experience of the agency?
The owner is a Certified Senior Advisor and Qualified Dementia Specialist. Visit here for more information on qualifications and experience. Silver Tree Home is a member of the Better Business Bureau and the Home Care Association of America.
2. How long has the agency been in business?
Our agency’s corporation has been in the home care business for five years.
3. Is the agency licensed by the state?
The agency is certified to operate in Kentucky
4. Are the caregivers bonded and insured?
All caregivers in our company are bonded and insured.
5. Are the caregivers independent contractors or employees?
Our caregivers are employees. We pay for their workman’s compensation, unemployment, and ensure taxes are taken out of their checks.
6. Does the company run criminal background checks and perform drug testing?
Yes, we conduct criminal background checks on an annual basis. Background checks must be run on each caregiver prior to placement with a client. Caregivers must have a clean background or they will not be offered employment with our agency. Caregivers are also drug tested prior to working for us. Silver Tree Home Care reserves the right to randomly drug test caregivers.
7. If I don’t like my caregiver, can I get a different one?
Yes, we strive to match our clients with the right caregivers. If a client is dissatisfied with a caregiver, we will replace that individual ensuring a smooth transition during the process.
8. Can the agency provide references? Ask for a list of doctors, hospital discharge planners and former clients who have experience with the agency.
Our agency will supply references upon request. In addition, clients can viisit our website and see reviews posted that have been written by our clients on each webpage.
9. How does the agency protect client confidentiality?
The agency agrees to client confidentiality in the service agreement. Caregivers must sign a form agreeing to keep client’s information confidential as well. Clients are given a HIPPA form at the time of the assessment.
10. Is the agency inspected by any outside organization? May I see the results of the last inspection?
The agency must update state certification status annually. The state will randomly audit agencies in Kentucky. Our agency has had records audited by the state and passed without any issues. If current clients or prospective clients want any information on this, the agency will supply them with the information requested.
11. Does the agency perform a customer satisfaction survey? May I see the results of the last survey?
The agency pays a third party to survey clients and caregivers on a regular basis during the time care is in place. Silver Tree Home Care has been awarded Provider of Choice and Employer of Choice based on 95% and above ratings from both clients and caregivers surveyed. Please visit our site for more information.
12. Is there a charge for a in home assessment?
There is no charge for an in home assessment. Please call us at 502-240-6464 to schedule an assessment at your convenience.